Saturday, September 21

5 Songs With my Name on the Title

  
Image by Change Agrella via Free Range Stock

You know songs that have actual people's names on it? Usually songs like "Hey There Delilah" and "Iris" have sweet lyrics that make your heart melt in awe. Thinking about songs like that made me realize something: what if someone wants to serenade me? After a few moments, I believe that I should be looking for songs with my name literally on it.

The problem with "Lisa-themed" songs is that most of the ones I found are dedicated to Mona Lisa. (Damn you, da Vinci.) Luckily, Google and Spotify helped me look for 5 songs that are about plain Lisa. Below is the list of songs that are about me along with a few verses and little commentary.

1. Lisa by Eric Hutchinson


You never have to do
Anything we come to you
And the world outside revolves around sweet Lisa (Woot! Beat that, sun!)
And you never can be wrong
Cause we always play along
And I get myself in trouble just for Lisa (So you'll serve some jail time just for me, buddy? Sweet. Have my children.)

2. Lisa, Make Love (It's Okay!)

Lisa had problems with talking to boys (Not with my bros, man.)
She was lonely, and tired, and sad
So she sits in her room drinking coffee all day (I drink tea, thank you. And eat Chili's Texas cheese fries along with that.)
It was bad, it was bad, it was bad (No shit, Sherlock. Coffee overdose is very bad.)

3. Lisa Says by Velvet Underground

Lisa says, Lisa says, Lisa says, Lisa says (Say "Lisa says"100 more times!)
Lisa says that she's on the run
Looking for a special one
Lisa says that every time she makes his trip
She knows her heart will beat (Doesn't my heart beat all of the time?)

4. Life after Lisa by Bowling for Soup


'Cause there'll be
No more mountain climbing in the rain (Hon, you brought this upon yourself.).
No more long hair clogging up the drain (Guilty as charged.)
No more life will never be the same
Life after Lisa is not so bad at all (I'm sorry I bothered you with climbing and clogging.)

5. Losing Lisa by Ben Folds


The lights are off again
She took me by surprise (I used my ninja skills for this!)
She's so sensitive
This shit just happens sometimes
She's my everything
She's my best friend and more (More than best friends, right? Are you my bro?)
We don't do anything
We didn't do the day
Before you go
You oughta know
That I didn't mean to hurt you, I just wanted you to know

What are some songs with your name on the title? Do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...